Up-party - Connect PingIdentity / PingOne with SAML 2.0
FoxIDs can be connected to PingOne with a up-party SAML 2.0. Where PingOne is a SAML 2.0 Identity Provider (IdP) and FoxIDs is acting as an SAML 2.0 Relying Party (RP).
Configuring PingOne as Identity Provider (IdP)
1 - Start by creating an up-party SAML 2.0 in FoxIDs Control Client
- Add the name
- Then the SAML 2.0 Metadata is created with the up-party name, copy the metadata URL
2 - Then go to PingOne and create the application (Relying Party)
- Add the application name
- Choose Application Type: SAML Application
- Click Configure
- In the SAML configuration page, select Import From URL and import the FoxIDs up-party metadata URL
- Click save
- Select the Configuration tab and copy the IDP Metadata URL
- Enable the application (sliding button top right corner)
Currently FoxIDs only support PingOne if either the
Sign Responseoption is selected, the option
Sign Assertion & Responseis not supported. Please see the issue.
3 - Then go back to the SAML 2.0 up-party in FoxIDs Control Client
- Add the PingOne metadata URL in the Metadata URL field.
- Click Create
You are done. The SAML 2.0 up-party can now be used as an up-party for down-parties in the track.